Get in touch
Phone: +64 27 383 7049
New Zealand Fly Fishing Guide
First and foremost, my goal is to give you the best experience possible within my presence. I will always do my best to accommodate and reschedule days to fit in with your travel plans and whatever variables the world throws our way. Unfortunately, this is not always feasible due to environmental factors and the logistics of running fly-fishing guiding business. E.g., cancellations close to the time of departure are very challenging to fill. I can assure you of my best effort in finding an alternative solution. The following policies are here to protect my business, so I can continue to serve you in the future. They are also here to help clarify any unfortunate and unforeseen events impacting our fishing time, God forbid!
*I wholeheartedly recommend travel insurance in the event of an
occurrence outside my control.
- Trip confirmation requires a 30% deposit.
- Payment via PayPal or bank transfer.
- Once the deposit is received, you will receive an email with trip dates and details. Your time on the river with us is not secured until the deposit is received!
- Credit Card payments incur a 4% surcharge.
- If Cancellations are requested by the client 90 days in advance of trip departure, the deposit will be 90% refunded.
- The client's cancellation within 90 days of trip departure, the 30% deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancellations requested by the client within 30 days before the trip departure 60% of the total guiding fee is required. The 30% deposit is incorporated as part of 60%.
- Cancellations by the client within 21 days of the trip date are non-refundable and require the total guiding fee of the experience booked.
Bad Weather Policy
- Very rarely do we find ourselves without water to fish. As a guide, I pride myself on having an intermit knowledge base of the region's microclimates and how inclement weather patterns affect particular rivers and valleys. On the rare occurrence of ominous weather systems from the southern ocean that blanket the South Island ( Te Waipounamu), known for intense rainfall concentrated on the western faces of the Southern Alps. (The Southern alps is the predominant mountain range running the length of the south island, boosting NZ's highest mountain Mt Cook (Aoraki), where Sir Edmund Hillary cut his teeth.) The rivers will rise rapidly, causing severe conditions where client safety and comfort will become an issue. Your guide will call to cancel within a 48hr window of the trip's departure. If conditions are unsafe, we will first look at options to reschedule your trip. If not at all possible, your trip will be 90% refunded.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Conditions
- If COVID-19 restrictions directly impede your booking, A grace period of 12 months is reserved to reschedule your trip from the initial dates requested. No extra charges are applied. After 12 months from the initial scheduled date, standard T&Cs apply. Please refer to the policies above.
- Safety is paramount when engaging in the New Zealand wilderness. South Island fishing can take us to some of the wildest and most rugged terrains the world offers. Todd always carries a comprehensive health & safety plan, PLB (personal locator beacon) and first aid kit with the appropriate certifications.
- Todd Adolph fly-fishing can accept no liability for any injuries, medical conditions, gear losses or claims of any kind or nature.
- We strongly advise getting travel insurance to cover any event or sudden change in plans (such as sickness, injury, damage, loss or delay) that may happen during a trip or when cancelling your trip at late notice.
Thank you for taking the time, I look forward to planning your dream trip!
Written by Todd Adolph, owner and operator of Todd Adolph Fly-fishing